Sunday, June 13, 2010



What I am reading: A Lady Never Tells by Candace Camp

Status: just finished

Rating: 4.5/5

For those of you who don't know me, my favourite genre of books is Regency Romance. I love love love the romance novels that take place in London during the early1800s! I adore everything from the way the scenery is described, the fashion that was worn and most importantly, how two people can fall in love and beat the odds that either society or life in general presents them. The male lead is usually from a high social circle and very aristocratic in behaviour but with a heart of gold and the female is beautiful yet headstrong and different from what women were supposed to be like during that time. OK, i can go on and on describing my love of regency romance so i will force myself to stop right here and actually review this amazing book i read :)

To begin with, I was very excited to grab a copy of Candace Camp's A Lady Never Tells since i believe that i have never read a novel written by her before that i didn't like before. And again, she didn't disappoint. This books gives the reader a little of Adventure mixed with Drama mixed with wait for it, Romance! It was a very interesting read for me mainly because it involved four sisters: Mary, Rose, Camellia, and Lily. These four fictional sisters reminded me so much of my three sisters and I and how, like them, we always stick together and help each other through difficult times. The novel revolves mainly around the eldest sister Mary and the dashing Sir. Royce and the rest is history :) Other than the romance, you will discover how a lady was supposed to dress, talk and behave at that time and how easily a woman`s reputation was tarnished if she didn't stick to society`s rules. All in all, if you have any interest in Historical Romance and fashion then this book is for you :)

Toodles,

Rasha

1 comment:

  1. Love it! :) You would make such a good female lead in a Regency romance. When I finally perfect my time machine, we have to go back to the 1800s and see how well we fit in! P.S. Can I borrow that book? :P

    ReplyDelete