Tuesday, August 10, 2010


What I Read: The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell
Genre: Mystery
Rating: 3.5/5
Hello All of you out there! Hope you are all doing well in this hot weather :) Some suggestions to help you may include eating frozen yogurt, drinking a nice smoothie or running to the nearest fountain you find and jumping in to cool off (Joking! or am I?)hehehe...
OK, so lets begin with the novel I am reviewing for this particular blog. The Body Farm was an "O.K. - Good" reading. I say this because i quite liked it yet it didn't satisfy my mystery hunger like Mary Higgins Clark or Agatha Christie Mystery novels usually do for me. Patricia Cornwell has always been on the top of my list for Mystery/Crime authors but i can for sure say that she has written more intricate and satisfying novels than this one. The Body Farm started off great and ended off great but i found the middle to be kind of slow and hard to get through. There was some of what I felt to be unnecessary events that took away from the main plot. If it was not for the great start off and the awesome finish I would not have recommended anyone to pick up this novel and read it. All in all I was not disappointed but I was also not fully satisfied.
The Novel follows Dr. Katie (Kay) Scarpetta who is a forensic pathologist for the FBI's Behavioural Science Unit. (Side Note: She is my favourite reoccurring character that Cornwell has written about in many of her novels). So this Dr Kay with the help of the FBI team set out to North Carolina to help solve the mystery of the brutal murder of eleven year old Emily Steiner. long with the main plot, other smaller plots are taking place in Dr. Scarpetta's personal life like her relationship with her niece Lucy who she treats like her own daughter and her relationship with her family and job in general.
One thing I loved about this book was the way Cornwell went into great detail to describe how a group of people like the FBI can profile a criminal and solve a mystery with very little evidence to go on. She describes what the term "The Body Farm" actually refers to and the feelings of the a woman (Dr. Scarpetta) who had seen so many dead bodies and so much violence in the world and is desperately trying to believe that there is still good people in this world and that not everyone is out to get everyone else. Overall, the novel had a surprisingly good ending just like its beginning and I am looking forward to reading other books about Dr. Kay Scarpetta in the near future and hopefully they will be as good as this book was if not better :)
One book I am stoked about is the third trilogy to Candace Camp's romance novels. I have already written two different blog reviews about the first two books and am waiting for the third on to come out so I can read it and do a review on it. I am quite sure it will be a dashing success just like the first two were for me. For now, I wish you all a great day and we will meet again in my upcoming blogs but for now,
Toodles,
Rasha

1 comment:

  1. You finished it!!! Hooray. Welcome back to the blog... I hope we both have more luck with our next reads!

    Hugs!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete